1. Do you watch Downton Abbey? My mom sparked my interest in the show earlier this year and now I love it. Since my mom loved it so much I thought it would be rather boring (sorry Mama!). I gave it a chance and it really is so good. The time was so much more glamorous yet simple. New episodes are on PBS on Sunday nights. If you do watch, don't you want Mary and Matthew to get back together? I am dying for this to happen.
2. I stayed home today from school and I've been worried crazy about my kids all day. Are they behaving for the sub? Will they still follow the rules? Will my sub survive? Augh! I couldn't get into Word this morning so I went in to my trailer at 6:30 to set out everything and print off lesson plans. It's only one day...I need to chill.
On another school note, I have become obsessed with finding fun things for my fifth graders on Pinterest! Here's an anchor chart for light that I found and the kids loved it! We even created a foldable to coordinate.
Pinterest via Beakers and Bumblebees
3. Now that I'm not breastfeeding anymore I can eat dairy again. Yippie! Between the gestational diabetes and then a baby with a dairy intolerance, I haven't really eaten ice cream, pizza, lasagna or any really yummy things in a long time. This isn't really going to help me lose weight, but, sometimes it's nice to indulge! Here are some recipes I'm looking forward to trying.
Cheesy Taco Pasta via Lauren's Latest
Cheesy Garlic Bread via Lauren's Latest
Red Velvet Brownies via Smells Like Home
4. My friend Grace at Watch Me Grow had her sweet baby, Emmy Paige, this morning! I hope she doesn't mind me using this picture but how cute are they? Avery is so excited to meet her new friend. Go over and leave her some baby love!
5. I couldn't do a post without sweet Avery! She is my favorite thing!